Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: NARS: Orgasm and Albatros

THE Highlighter

A few months back, a friend asked me about countouring and highlighting thus inspiring me to renew my search for that perfect product. After much research, i ended up with a new highlighter and 2 contouring powders -- but I'll save the contouring powders for another post and will just discuss my new find for now. :P

I already have a highlighter, theBalm's Mary-lou Manizer, which I have already reviewed here. I still think it's great but i need to be really careful during application which i just can't be bothered with as it turns out. ^_^U 

Hence, after much contemplating due to its price (Php 1,550.00 at Rustans), i decided to get NARS Albatross based on the number of great reviews I have read. And boy! Did it deliver! :) 

NARS Albatross




Compared to theBalm's which has silver shimmer on champagne powder, NARS Albatross has gold ones on ivory powder which made it more natural looking on my medium-light olive skin. :) And by natural, i meant really natural looking! The powder is so finely milled that it just blends beautifully on my skin (what with my pimple scars). Wear is around 4 hours on my oily skin in Manila's hot weather (although it was quite chilly these past few days). ^_^

NARS Albatross (L) vs TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (R)


The Blush
Among my pricey blushes, I have this for the longest time -- it being the first high-end blush I purchased (same price as NARS Albatross).

NARS Orgasm



Initially, i did not like this blush and regretted that i bought it. Using my normal brush to apply the product, it just looked unnatural with more shimmers than i wanted. :(

BUT after changing the way I apply it from a swipe-using-an-angled-blush-brush to a stipple-using-my-JUMBO buffing-brush, I LOVE IT! It got this glow from within look -- flushed with just the right amount of shimmer! I'll say it again, I LOVE IT! ^_^ 


NARS Powders in action:

Without NARS

With NARS Albatross on my T-zone and cheeks -- see that yellowish natural glow? :)

With NARS Orgasm on cheeks -- natural looking flush!

NARS blushes are the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment