Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: MAC 'Illustrated' Pink Lip Bag and All Over Brush Kit byRebecca Moses (Limited Edition)

The MAC 'Illustrated' Collection bug has hit me -- hard! After getting the Plum Face Kit, i kept thinking of where to store this little, pristine, white, illustrated box and the only answer i came up with is the Pink Lip Bag under the same collection. Also comes to mind is if I'm going to use these kits, i also need travel friendly brushes. Hence, I also picked the All Over Brush Kit! :)

The lip bag cost Php 3,060.00 while the brush set cost Php 3,800.00 at our local MAC boutiques.

The Pink Lip Bag set (apologies for the bad lighting):

The Lip Bag comes with:
- Girl About Town l/s: a bright blue-based fuchsia  (amp, permanent). This wears evenly and leaves a pretty pink tint.
- Picture Pink l/g: a milky pink (limited edition). I rarely used this lipglass since the color is too light and the formula too sticky for my liking. Pairing this with Girl About Town creates a lilac-lavender shade. 
- Embrace Me l/l: a vivid fuchsia (limited edition). Love this color -- if only it is a l/s. Nonetheless, it is a perfect pair to Girl About Town.

As for the actual bag, i'm not that impressed when i saw it in person and was close to changing my mind. But since it is the perfect 'house' for my face kit, i decided to get it anyway (i jave grown to love the bag since).

It is made in the same material as the face kit's cover (vinyl-type?) with lips and ribbons as illustrations. It is a bit flimsy on its own but somehow becomes stable when filled with products. I believe it is waterproof since air are trapped within when zipped closed but i don't even dare put it near water or anything just to test this theory (I like to keep my pricey purchases clean if i can help it). ^_^

As for the All Over Brush Kit, it can fit inside the lip bag together with my face kit (How handy is that!) and the brush roll comes in the same white illustrated vinyl-type material. As for my thoughts regarding the brushes, they are sturdy and the bristles are soft enough for its purpose -- it's not as soft as my synthetic bristled brushes but neither are they scratchy.

Here are the brushes included in the kit:
- 168SE Angled Contour Brush : fits the width of the blush on the Plum Face Kit perfectly!

- 287SE Duo Fibre Eyeshadow Brush : great for cream shadows; I used this with MAC paintpots

- 224SE Tapered Blending Brush : blends shadows easily
- 219SE Pencil Brush : really stiff and dense, great for drawing shapes (for that outer v)
- 266SE Small Angle Brush : i found nothing special with this brush (but I'm not really expecting anything from this type of brush)

The brush roll (outside/cover)

The brushes (my Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush also fits inside ^_^ )

The MAC 'Illustrated' Collection ends 3rd week of September2013 (this week!).

No comments:

Post a Comment