Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 1 at MP School: Classic Bridal Look

It was my first day at makeup school last week and it was a combination of excitement and anxiety. Excitement because i am now a step closer to my dream of becoming a pro makeup artist and anxiety since i am not used to the brand of makeup and brushes that they are using (added to that is my pretty model have un-groomed brows and breakouts).

The structure of the class was lecture, demo then hands-on exercise. During the lecture and demo, it was emphasized that the classic bridal look is light, natural but defined -- utilizing neutral or earth tones for the eyes. 


After the lecture and demo, we are off to our hands-on exercise. My classmates are either existing or old students of the school hence they are already familiar with the system, makeup and tools. Hence, when i finally got acquainted with my model and had her seated, most makeups at the counter were already taken which made me panicked! [I need to remember for the rest of the course to get the products first before i get my model! Or i hope that they will allow me to use my own tools and kit...] After getting my bearing back, i scanned my classmates' area for the products that i need (i just placed some on my mixing palette) and started working.

As mentioned earlier, my model's eyebrow was not trimmed and I'm not familiar with the products hence a slight disaster... It took me 3 tries before i got it to the shape and shade that i want (the first 2 tries was too dark and messy) -- i used a concealer to correct the shape as there are no trimming tools available (i think we are not allowed as this will make the area red). 

My model also had a pimple but we don't have a green corrector to hide the redness so this was a challenge as well. ^_^U

Fast forward, i was last to finish but i'm pretty happy with my output. :)

I forgot to take a before pic but this is my finished work:





What do you guys think of my work? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment